What is it?
Connecting with OS Hub's API enables users to programmatically query and exchange data with Open Supply Hub.
By using Open Supply Hub as the central source of truth for facility location data, we can match our facilities easily and quickly with any external dataset and return OS IDs to users. This is a great jump-start on the real work: finding ways to collaborate on facility performance improvement." [View Full Case Study]
Does your organization...
- manage large amounts of supply chain data?
- lack a unique ID scheme for the identification of facilities within your database?
- have a known issue with duplicate entries in your dataset?
- want to improve the quality of data for facilities in your database?
- track a dynamic supply chain and need to regularly refresh active or inactive relationships?
- want to better understand shared connections at facilities?
- spend too much time manually comparing data between databases?
- complete repeat searches, either on behalf of members or in order to verify data?
- need to sync or compare your dataset against another database, be that a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system or an MSI initiative?
Automation of all of these functions is possible by connecting with Open Supply Hub’s API.
All users of the API are able to access the data points for facilities available in OS Hub, including:
- OS ID
- GPS coordinates
- Data Contributor connections
- Number of workers
- Parent company
- Type of product
- Type of processing
- Type of facility
API users are able to pull data from OS Hub, or query the system, without having to add data to the tool. They are also able to push data to OS Hub [anonymously], meaning that their organization will not be visibly connected through the front end of the platform to facilities in the database.
- Have additional features you’d like to see made available via the OS Hub’s API? Let us know!
- Read Open Supply Hub’s Terms of Service for Premium Features, including the API.
There are currently four Push/Pull API packages available:
Pull API access
Pull access to the API is included in the above pricing packages. The entry-level API 500 package can be used for free, pull-only access.
Interested in pulling the entire OS Hub dataset on a one-off basis?
Contact the team for pricing.
- Have questions about which package is right for you? Contact the team to set up a call. We'll be in touch within two business days.
- Create a free account on Open Supply Hub, if you don’t already have one.
- Complete this short form letting us know which package you would like access to [if known].
Frequently Asked Questions
Unlike manual data contributions to Open Supply Hub, the API works on a per facility basis. When pushing data to OS Hub via API, users are able to choose for each facility whether or not to be listed publicly as the data Contributor, e.g. as "Higg". When users choose to contribute anonymously, their contributions are listed as "A multi-stakeholder initiative", "A service provider", "A civil society organization" etc.
Open Supply Hub offers a program for qualifying civil society organizations to apply for free / discounted access to this Premium Feature. Check out our free / discounted API access policy to see if you qualify. If you believe you do, apply through this form.
Looking for technical documentation?
Visit our Developer Resources to access our Swagger Documentation and Python Library.